PLENVU® is designed for efficacy whilst maximising patient adherence1
PLENVU® was designed for efficacy whilst maximising patient adherence1
Patients have to drink less in total with PLENVU® than NaPic + MgCit, MOVIPREP® (PEG 3350 + sodium ascorbate + ascorbic acid +sodium sulfate + electrolytes), trisulfate or 4L PEG2-6
The different-flavoured doses2 are designed to aid adherence:
- First dose – mango-flavoured2
- Second dose – fruit punch-flavoured2
PLENVU® has been developed to be straightforward for patients to prepare and take2
PLENVU® in a
*Adherence was defined as taking ≥75% of each dose of bowel preparation.All treatments were administered using : afternoon/afternoon or : afternoon/morning dosing. 95.9% (n=566) for 2L PEG and 93.1% (n=490) for 4L PEG.7
Flexible dosing options2
All PLENVU® dosing options provide successful overall bowel preparation, but best results were seen using evening/morning dosing1,8,9
Following each dose, patients should take 500mL of clear fluids of their choice2
The ESGE strongly recommends using a split-dose
regimen, starting the last dose of bowel preparation
within 5 hours of colonoscopy and completing it at
least 2 hours before the procedure.10
: evening/evening, : evening/morning, : morning/morning,
ESGE: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Developed to be straightforward for patients to prepare and take2
PLENVU® consists of 2 doses; the first is contained in 1 sachet and the second in 2 sachets2
Each dose of PLENVU® should be prepared by mixing the contents of the sachet(s) with water to make up to 500mL2
Each dose of PLENVU® should be drunk slowly over 30 minutes, followed by 500mL of clear fluids within the following 30 minutes*2
3 in 4 patients found PLENVU® very easy to take in a real-world study (n=1598)†11
*Clear fluids include water, clear soup, fruit juice without pulp, soft drinks, tea and/or coffee without milk.
†Ease of preparing and taking PLENVU® was evaluated using a 9-point scale. 'Very easy' was defined as a score of 7–9 (76.1% of patients), 'medium' level of difficulty was defined as a score of 4–6 (15.3% of patients), and 'very difficult' was defined as a score of 1–3 (8.6% of patients).11
Patients have to drink less in total with PLENVU® than other bowel preparations2-6
NaPic + MgCit
*Different formulations of NaPic + MgCit may have different total volumes.
- Bisschops R, et al. Endoscopy 2019; 51(1): 60-72.
- PLENVU® UK Summary of Product Characteristics. October 2020.
- KLEAN-PREP® UK Summary of Product Characteristics. September 2020.
- MOVIPREP® UK Summary of Product Characteristics. October 2020.
- CitraFleet® UK Summary of Product Characteristics. July 2019.
- Izinova® France Summary of Product Characteristics. April 2019.
- Maida M, et al. World J Gastroenterol 2020; 26(16): 1950-1961.
- Schreiber S, et al. Endoscopy 2019; 51(1): 73-84.
- DeMicco MP, et al. Gastrointest Endosc 2018; 87(3): 677-687.
- Hassan C, et al. Endoscopy 2019; 51(8): 775-794.
- Brooks D, et al. Presented at ACG 2019, poster number P372.